Overview of the Manufacturing Practice
Poricanin works with companies and start-ups in the manufacturing space with respect to all legal and business matters – including corporate, tax, real estate, labor relations, executive compensation, general labor and employment, intellectual property, and litigation―to provide coordinated and informed counsel through all phases of a manufacturer’s start up and operations.
Poricanin represents and counsels companies in the Manufacturing sector with respect to the following:
Audits, Investigations, and Appeals
We represent manufacturers in all government audits, and investigations, including, but not limited to audits conducted pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (“OSHA”), Department of Labor audits and investigations, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
We structure mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and joint ventures to maximize managerial flexibility and promote growth, minimize organizational risk, and achieve tax savings. We work with entities from the initial phase of negotiating a purchase to the close of an acquisition, and through each phase of the organization’s growth.
Poricanin Law provides handles a broad range of immigration issues for businesses and individuals. We represent employers in connection with the temporary employment of professionals and intra-company transfers; the periodic entry of business visitors; and the permanent employment of foreign workers.
Crises can result from lawsuits, regulatory inquiries, employee grievances and adverse publicity. Poricanin Law counsels individuals and businesses with respect to sensitive, controversial, and other matters that garner negative scrutiny and publicity in order to manage response efforts and communication with relevant stakeholders.
Real Estate Matters
We provide business-focused legal advice to help her clients reach their real estate goals, from structuring acquisition and development projects for office, distribution, and manufacturing facilities, to advising retail sector developers and operators in development, acquisition, leasing, financing.
At Poricanin Law, we provide a modern, results-based government relations approach, grounded in relationships, insights and information, combined with legal expertise. We provide strategic insights and information to clients on how to address legislative and legal challenges.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
When problems arise, Poricanin Law strives to bring parties to an amicable resolution without unnecessary costs of litigation. But should that fail, Poricanin Law vigorously and aggressively represents manufacturers in federal and state court litigation, administrative challenges to governmental action, and arbitration proceedings.
Labor and Employment Matters
Poricanin Law works with manufacturers in all industries with respect to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, retention, background and employee screening, contract negotiation, union avoidance, union-management, wage and hour compliance, equal employment opportunities, and representation of employers before various federal and state agencies with oversight over employers (e.g., EEOC, NYC Department of Consumer Affairs, Department of Labor).
Intellectual Property, Trademark, and Trade Secrets
At Poricanin Law, we keep an eye on your most valuable assets and counsel clients on how to protect those assets. We help businesses and entrepreneurs evaluate and identify assets, whether those assets are a new technology or human capital. We prepare documents and offer strategies on how to maximize the protections based on each client’s unique needs.
Representative Matters and Work Experience in the Manufacturing Sector
- Formation and organization of cloud-based businesses with manufacturing operations in China
- Counseling new and existing manufacturers concerning changes in employment law and policy, and how to implement the changes across all sectors of the workforce
- Providing outsourced human resources and labor counsel for manufacturers
- Defending large manufacturers in EEOC and Division of Human Rights cases alleging retaliation, discrimination and harassment
- Assisting entities in obtaining various contracts, including preparing responses to RFPs
- Working with manufacturers in obtaining any required licenses
- Counseling manufacturers concerning advocacy and government relations, analyzing proposed legislation and evaluating the most strategic avenues of affecting change in laws
- Providing training to management concerning union avoidance and how to respond to a union organizing campaign
- Collectively bargaining with unions concerning the first and successor collective bargaining agreements
- Negotiating employment contracts for high-level executive employees
- Negotiating contracts with third parties and vendors
- Defending entities in audits alleging worker wage underpayment and worker misclassification in Department of Labor hearings and in federal and state court